We invite you to join us for our series of workshops we call the “Lunch & Learn” series. Each month we will be introducing new and exciting topics.
This event will take place at the Thornhill Country Club on Monday May 27th between 12:00 and 1:30pm.
“Memoir is how we try to make sense of who we are, who we once were, and what values and heritage shaped us.” William Zinsser
Common reasons why people write about their lives:
- You want to record the details of your life (and perhaps the lives of your ancestors) for the benefit of your grandchildren and great-grandchildren, some of whom you may never meet.
- You have an amazing story to tell.
- You want the catharsis of making a confession on paper.
- You want to achieve self-understanding.
- You want to memorialize a significant relationship.
- You believe the story of how you overcame an obstacle or adversity can inspire and help others.
- You want to settle a score.
- You have thought about writing all your life, but were too busy or too scared of being judged.Now you are determined to just do it!
…there are many reasons, what’s yours?
Dr. Riley Moynes will be giving a private workshop on how to write your memoirs; it will offer structure, specific exercises, organize your thoughts and help you with the process of writing. We look forward to seeing you there.