We invite you to join us for our series of complimentary workshops we call the “Lunch & Learn” series. Each month we will be introducing new and interesting topics.
This event will take place at the Thornhill Country Club on Monday September 23rd between 12:00 and 1:00pm.
- What is the law of property in case of divorce?
- How can a spouse protest assets from divorce?
- Who controls the children’s RESP after separation?
- Can a spouse drain a joint account or sever joint title and what duty does an advisor have to report this to the other spouse?
- What are the grandparents’ rights to access?
- Why are financial advisors and insurance agents critical to divorcing spouses?
- Who are the financial advisors client when all assets are kept in one spouse’s name?
- Does marriage create joint ownership of property and investments; what about common-law relationships?
There are many questions to ask, what are yours?
These are just among some of the serious concerns facing our Canadians. Mike Connon, Carlo Cansino of Assante Capital Management Ltd. and special guest, Steven Benmor will discuss how these issues affect Canadians, and present simple solutions on how to make wiser decisions.
Mr. Benmor helps parents and spouses regarding custody of, and access to, children, child support, spousal support, property division, pension division, separation agreements, paternity agreements, marriage contracts, restraining orders, mobility rights, grandparents’ rights to access, variations of prior Family law orders and agreements and child protection.
Steven Benmor has been certified as a Family Law Specialist by the Law Society of Upper Canada, holds a Masters of Laws degree in Family Law and is an adjunct Professor of Family Law at Osgoode Hall Law School at York University.
While we understand all topics may not pertain to you, we ask that you forward this invitation to any of your friends and family who you believe may benefit from the workshop.
This is a complimentary event. Lunch is provided by The McClelland Financial Group